I am soooo over EVERYONE complicating training. It IS NOT DIFFICULT stop making it sound so difficult!!!
Here is a mid year RANT.
- Nobody needs a nutritionist.
- Most people don't need a coach.
- You don't need to go to a seminar where someone talks to you ALL DAY about macronutrients.
- You don't need to buy all organic food.
- You don't need to do the latest fitness fad.
- You are not a professional athlete if you get free protein powder.
- You don't need to try every program on bodybuilding.com.
- You don't need every single supplement available.
- Stop changing your program every week.
- Fine do Crossfit, what do I care.
- Bodybuilding isn't the devil.
- Increase your 20 rep squat by 50lbs and your bodyweight will increase.
- If your trainer looks like shit…your training will be shit.
- Crap calves? Flat chest? Find better parents next time.
- Stick to a training program for 8-16 weeks.
- No stronger than you were a year ago. You don't know what you're doing.
- Same size as you were a year ago. You don't know what you're doing.
- Training program you made up. You don't know what you're doing.
- You're probably not a genetic freak. Stop training like one.
- Ugly deadlifting does virtually nothing for you.
- Just cos you lift, doesn't make you tough. It is cute, like an angry puppy though.
- Partials are only good if you use hideous amounts of weight.
- You should put the most work into the biggest muscles.
- You will never, EVER look like Arnold.
- LOTS of bodybuilders had better physiques than Arnold. He just had a better personality.
- On the whole, humans are stronger and bigger now than ever before.
- Genetics beats hard work.
- Hard work beats lazy genetics though.
- Genetics and hard work = CHAMPION.
- First WANT IT then DO IT.
- Listen to strong people who have worked hard for a long time.
- Respect your elders. They've heard and done it all before. Well, some of them have.
- Alcohol and painkillers. Works very time and never killed anyone. Oh fuck, that's not right!
- Enjoy and cherish your training. It is your time.
- Anything is possible. What a load of shit!
- Anything is possible – within reason – better.
- Just 'cos a 'guru' makes up exercises doesn't mean they are any good.
- All those new exercises they made up…Dorian never used 'em.
- Nor did Arnold.
- Or Ronnie or Frank or Sergio or Lee or Larry…
- Stop reading shit. Start doing shit.
I could go on and on and on…
Zuver's Gym was a legendary gym in the 60's and 70's and had more unique training equipment than you could imagine including a 2000lbs Barbell, custom Big Wheel lat pulldown, HUGE custom built power racks and much more. A whole article is required on this amazing museum of a gym.
Here's Zuver's 200lbs (each) weight plates.